Tuesday, March 23, 2010

THE week....

This week is a flurry of activity in our lives. Actually, the last 12 months has been a flurry of activity. I can't tell you the amount of times people have said to us 'you don't do things by halves, do you?'. And well, the answer is 'NO....what's the point in that?'

Dionne and I get married this saturday in an amazingly beautiful ceremony with our family and closest friends around us - whether in real life or virtually. My family and mates in Oz are logging in online to watch the ceremony via the complexities of webcam and although not the same as having them here, at least I can feel like they are involved. We have mates and family flying in from all over the country and the world and the feeling of excitement in people just furthers our excitement.

Often times over the last week, I have looked at my sweet love and felt tears falling from my eyes. How lucky I feel. How loved I feel. How much I love how much I love her.

I look at the pile of hundreds of candles we have bought, the colors we have chosen, the people's names that are coming, the beautiful food that is being created, the cupcake wedding cake that is being made, the songs that are being sung, the person that is officiating our ceremony (wonderful funny lady Lisa Koch is coming in from Seattle to do the honors), the wine that will be drunk, the fire that will be built, the music that will be played......and then I catch the look in her eye, the one that she gets when she is just sitting looking at me as I think on all these things, and I feel the water rise into my eyes and my heart burst with absolute passionate love for this person.

At that time, I sigh and say thank you to the world. To the universe. To whatever powers make things be. To her. To me. To this love that we have found with each other.

And then...

I smile.

xxM

1 comment:

Dionne Ward said...

And I smile back with the same happy, grateful tears, the same passionate, heart-bursting love, and I can't for Saturday. Xoxoxoxo