Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Check 1, 2, 3




















This is a shot from the last time I played a show here in Indianapolis at the Indy Indie clubhouse. It's where I am going to record my live cd in three weeks time and no doubt, the audience will look somewhat similar to this.

I have been rehearsing with Dionne and my friend Jamie Price who will be sitting in on djembe with us for a few songs and slowly have been getting the set list ready for it. I am sure I should be more nervous than I am, but its just a live show. I know I only get one chance to make the cd sound pretty and part of me knows that I have to get myself to a place where I just let go of my perfectionist and let it just 'be'.

It's going to be a live performance with all the cracks, pops, garuffs, laughs, moments of blankness and spontaneity that a live show usually carries. And that is going to be a beautiful thing to capture on tape (or disc, as it is now known...).

The show is pretty much sold out and will be filled with warm, loving, excited humans who are there to be a part of the magic of recording. Peoples who will bring their voices and their hearts ready to lay it all down with me. Then the recording will be mixed, mastered, pressed and sent out into the world with all it's character and beauty.....and it will be, as it is.

And for that, I am tremendously grateful.

xxM

2 comments:

Jamie Price said...

Oh, it's going to be all kinds of amazing!

Dionne Ward said...

Yes, it is!!