Thursday, December 9, 2010

the days of our lives....




















Elizabeth Edwards passed away on Tuesday from breast cancer. A lot of you would most likely know who she is but google will be able to tell you if you don't. One of her last quotes moved me deeply today as I try to work out where my brain is at and why it feels all so muddled with this life of mine. I share it with you, as it was shared with me, to offer a remembrance of the shortness of life....


“The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that. And, yes, there are certainly times when we aren’t able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It’s called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful.“ –Elizabeth Edwards

No comments: