Thursday, December 23, 2010

Solstice....



















Well, it's been a long time between blog posts. The longest time every probably. Sorry about that for those of you who regularly read. It's winter here in Indiana and I am surrounded by more snow than I have ever seen in my life. Learning how to live in it is interesting in a 'do I need to buy snow pants, how do I get my car door unfrozen' kind of way. I have moments of being amazed but it and then moments of being just utterly pissed off and wanting to get back to my Australian summer.

I am sitting here listening to the final mix of the new live cd...it's bloody fantastic, if I must say so myself. It feels so nice to have captured such a beautiful show. The audience members sing like angels and clap and whoots like devils....it's wonderful. Someone just asked me if the pre-sale is still going.....it is, and you can find it here: http://www.martinelocke.com/pages/presale.php . Hopefully will be ready for posting by mid February and then I will start to plan cd release shows around the country.

So, it was solstice Tuesday night and for the first time in 700 years that coincided with an eclipse. It felt like a very powerful time to me. I watched the eclipse via a webcam in Chile (coz of aforementioned snow blocking the sky here) and felt in myself like it was an amazing thing to witness. I wrote my intentions out and mailed them to myself via futureme.org - it's set to send me an email in one years time. Such a freaky concept. Tuesday night I went to a solstice party and they had a fire out back for people to burn the things that they wanted to leave. For me, I had to burn things to do with my time in the church. Guilt and feeling responsible. It's very strange to have found all of that inside myself still after so many years being away from it. But there it was.....and there it went.

Happy holiday to you however you celebrate them and I hope that you get the chance to take a moment and think about what it is you are willing to let go of during this solstice time. Things that don't serve you anymore. Let them go.

xxM

No comments: