Friday, November 6, 2009

One year...


One year...
Originally uploaded by martine.locke

One year ago today we lost Dionne's brother Tyler in what can only be described as a tragic set of circumstances. I barely knew Tyler, I got the chance to spend the week with him before his surgery and I grateful that I had that. Sometimes I have cried about not being able to know the man, the brother, that my sweetheart adored. The man that meant so much to her and knew her so well.

Today, I hold her hand as we drive to New Orleans and talk to Tyler as we go. Wishing he could be around to see what we have done and who we have both become in the past year. Knowing all well that he isn't far from us every day and everytime I see a hawk fly by, I take it as a sign of him, watching....keeping an eye out for us and spreading his huge wing span across the world.

Love and miss you Tyler.

Xxm

No comments: