Thursday, November 26, 2009

The day of the bird......

I have no thanksgiving photo to share with you yet...although, I did just see a turkey that a mate of mine up in NorCal cooked for thanksgiving tomorrow - wrapped in bacon - and almost wanted to steal the photo to claim it as my own. Mmmm. Thanksgiving is such a strange day to a non American. It's a fun time to hang out and eat lots of food and drink good wine but always I have a moment of wondering why we really celebrate a day that history has shown included a LOT of bloodshed in this country. Same I suppose as Australian's celebrating Australia day. I think for me, on both days, I want to take time to remember the people that lost their lives too. The people who lost their land and their sense of safety in the world. I know, too deep for this day perhaps but I wake up thinking about that every thanksgiving.

So now, time for a fun photo...just to change the subject.



This was taken on board our cruise last week. Dizzo the gnome was seen throughout the cruise in various states of unruliness. Often times very funny and possibly inappropriate for a gnome..but I am certain he has more fun than the travelocity gnome.

9 more days till we are Australia bound...I can almost feel my family

happy day to give thanks to you mates


xM

No comments: