Wednesday, December 2, 2009

doah...

So I just realised that my last blog posting didn't even make it to blogger. Hence the reason why I have just changed my phone service and am no longer with T Mobile...my phone carrier for 7 years (and how I would upload my blog posts). I am a capricorn and very loyal by nature....that's why it took me 7 years to change phone service, I just kept thinking it would get better. But alas, twas not to be so.

Anyway, I had posted this photo:



This is from last Sunday at our favourite restaurant/bar in LA...and the scene of our first date 15 months ago....so, it carries some importance to us. Tommy (the tall one in the picture) is a sweet sweet man who I met in Illinois through my friend Amanda a few years back and he has fast become a sweet friend to Dionne and I. I will miss him when we head back to the Midwest. Anyway, we spent the afternoon together at The Abbey people watching and chatting and laughing..it was a tonne of fun, the weather was perfect, the conversation perfect, the people perfect.

I always find it interesting and often times saddening that my life and the people I love are spread out over so many different countries and cities. Of course, those are the consequences of a life spent on the road and traveling. I was thinking about that over the weekend and pondering on my dream to get them all together in one room so they could all meet, knowing full well that they would all love each other as much as I love them. I had a realisation that perhaps that wont happen until my funeral and how I needed to make it a goal to have it happen BEFORE then..lol.

I am grateful for the people that are in my life. For the love and happiness that they bring to me and me to them. For the lessons we teach each other and for the fact that I can't think of one person I call a great mate that doesn't make me hold my belly and laugh at times. I am blessed.

These are my thoughts this Tues...nope, Wednesday morning as I continue preparations for our trip to Australia...IN 6 MORE SLEEPS!!!!!!

xxM

No comments: