Thursday, December 17, 2009

La Familia......


This is my niece Skyla and I...it was our first day in Adelaide and the first time I have seen her in two years. She has grown up so much...and wow, you should see how she jumps rope, I was super impressed.

We just did our first show here in Adelaide and it was a full house of fun people. I always forget when playing shows in Adelaide how most of them are on good size stages with great PA systems and lights and it always feels easy on stage. Usually D and I have to pull sound ourselves and are lucky to have a candle, never mind a full stage set up. It just made our work easier, you know?

Anyway, it was a great fun night and I think we did really well on stage together. D was a little nervous because it was her first time playing here, in strong Velvet Janes territory, but people clapped loud and cheerily when she sang and it was wonderful to feel the love. It was also amazing to catch up with friends, some of whom I have known since I was 14-15.

(side bar...my brother just walked into the room and said 'mmmm, toasted cucumber sandwich...can't beat it'. Weirdo.)

Lots of family stuff planned. I bloody love it. Miss my family like crazy and want to squeeze every second out of my time with them. AND I am trying to talk them into coming to the US next year for a white xmas...would be amazing.

xxM

1 comment:

KCmustang said...

wait am i reading this right....you may be here to see a white christmas next year and cucumber on bread is considered a sandwich?... hard to believe in those two things.

but know that your a miss and i am so happy you are there enjoying the holidays.