Wednesday, December 9, 2009

In the homeland.....



So, our first day here back in the homeland started with a pick up at the airport by my good mate Alex...a trip to the supermarket to buy favourite things that I have missed in the 2 years I have been away from home and a drive through Bondi Beach and across the bridge so D could take photos. I fell asleep at some point....before going across the bridge and woke up in a little park on the other side.

It was a very refreshing, if not strange, nap.

Our flight across was fine...totally fucking squashed in though. I sure as hell haven't gotten taller or wider but damn those seats seemed squashed. At one point when the woman in front of Dionne pushed her seat back she thought she was reaching back to hug her....that's how close she came. Rules for flying are changing so much that it is making flying harder and harder and more and more difficult. When you are carrying as much luggage as we were and are, it makes it even harder. I found myself coveting those in first class and business just a little more than I have in the past.

Anyway, I had a quick call with my mum today...who is beside herself with happiness at our impending arrival in adelaide and it's 8.30pm at night here and I think I am almost ready to go to bed.

Or maybe have a tim tam before hand.....oh, the things I miss

xxM


oh...and here's a photo of my mate Alex....pretty, no? This was the piece of driftwood I picked up out of Sydney harbor...for my massive wonderful world wide art installation I am going to do when we get back to our house

No comments: