Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The story so far....

So, it's the night before the night of Xmas eve and we are both sitting here soothing our burnt skin.

Yes, it is true....we went to the beach and surely didn't pay too much attention to our sunscreen....the old 'slip, slop, slap' was lost on us.

We pay for it now.

My mum has stories to tell of having to slather me with aloe vera from head to toe when I was a kid. Seems fair skin and red hair really does mean BURN....its still not pretty, and I am a dumb ass. As I keep saying to D, we will only ever do it once....well, once again, after a long long time of not doing it.

We spent the day walking through the Cleland Wildlife Park on Monday. My brother Anthony and I pretty much grew up right around the corner from there, so it's a favourite place to visit everytime I am back. And you know, for me, hanging around with all this tame wild life never gets old....like these little fellas:




How could that get old???

Or this for that matter:



We ran around the park like little kids feeding all sorts of animals and staying mostly away from the Emus....coz you know I have a bad story about an emu and a banana.

Baby Kangaroo feeding number 1:



And baby kangaroo feeding number 2:


...okay, they're called Joey's but baby kangaroo just keeps coming out of my fingers.

Tuesday we headed down to Semaphore beach for a 'date day'. Just me and my girl, a beautiful ocean and a distinct lack of sunscreen. Oh the arrogance of us. Silly people we be. We walked the beach and out along one of the jetty's out there where we happened upon this fellow:



It is of course the famous Mr Percival and I kept asking him where Storm Boy was but he just kept looking at me with this look on his face. Storm Boy, of course is an Aussie movie about 'one boy's love of a pelican'.....hell, don't let them put that on the ballot...it would surely be voted down in a landslide.

NO PELICAN LOVING ALLOWED.....

Tis a glorious time here in the homeland, it's as hot as hell and we are expecting a storm coming in tonight. Thank goddess. We are both lathering ourselves with aloe and hanging out with da familia on this night before the night of xmas eve.

Thanks for checking out the photos, there are about 600 more thanks to the veritable clicking talents of my sweetheart and I am sure I will bore you with them all by the time we are done.

xxM

1 comment:

KCmustang said...

So much fun. while you have been gone, your numbers did NOT win in the Mega, Big Massive Snowflakes fall from the sky, Bike Paths are covered in snow and two glasses for wine remain empty. Wishing you can yours a brilliant holiday and a very happy Christmas!! miss you much