Tuesday, May 18, 2010

.....the most beautius garden in the world

I have been working on my garden a lot the last two weeks. Trying to get everything planted knowing that we were starting to head out on the road more and that time would be limited for a few months. 
I am happy to say, she's planted...she's growing and wow, does she look beautiful. 

I think I would have to say it's the most beautiful garden I have ever seen. 

And yes, I know I am bias.

This whole 'making home' thing has been good for my soul. Good for the balance of my being, it seems. It's also a little worrisome as I woke up the first day on the last tour and realized that I missed our home. That I had started to get really attached to it, which...you know, is not necessarily good for someone who tours for a living. 

I have had to get use to the feeling of 'missing' a lot over the last 12 years so you would think that I was use to it. 
But...nope, not so much. 
It still pangs as hard as it always has. Whether it's people, places, events or now....my garden and my home....it still aches. 

That's okay though because I have realized that I would rather feel everything deeply, truthfully and respectfully, than not at all. Tis no life to live with no feeling, or with a feeling of indifference towards things. 

Do you think if I look at it hard enough, something will grow enough for me to pick it and taste it before I leave again on Friday??

xxM


1 comment:

gini lester said...

Plant an herb and you can taste it as you plant it :-)Long as you don't eat the roots.