Saturday, September 18, 2010

Wide open...

Driving out here on highway 74, barreling towards Iowa City to set up for a festival today. I sometime wonder how many hours of my life have been spent sitting in a car. Definitely sleep better as a passenger in a car than I do in a bed most times.

It's a strange grey day out here...the color of the sky compliments the yellow of the corn though and everywhere I look, it looks like a painting. The trees are slowly changing their colors and I actually find myself excited by the thought of fall and then...gasp....winter.  The fun aspect of winter. Talks of skiing, or learning how to ski, sledding and snow living sounds so exciting to me right this minute....give me a few months in snow and check in with me again....but right now, as giddy as a 5 year old!

Who knew.

Xxm

No comments: