Friday, November 19, 2010

The Rally Cry...




















I sang Hallelujah to a group of people last night who were gathered to show their support for kids who get bullied in school. To say 'it's not okay'. We lit candles in rememberance of the kids who have taken their own lives because of what bullying has done to them.

It starts with us. Us older folks, us adults, us ones who teach them ones to be different. It starts with our churches, our community leaders, our politicians.

It starts with us saying 'you are you. i am me. that's okay'.

It was a freezing cold night and a few hundred folks stood in the chill to raise their candles high and I felt proud to offer my talent, to have it stand high too. To be part of something and some cause bigger than myself.

Thanks for having me IYG.....thanks for having the balls to put the rally together, to speak out and on behalf of all of those who feel like they have no voice....or no choice.

xM

No comments: