Sunday, June 21, 2009

Let your flag fly...


Let your flag fly...
Originally uploaded by martine.locke

June of course is pride month here in the USA and there are a lot of rainbow flags to be seen. I think rainbow flags should be a part of the scenary all of the time. I think they make everyone happy, except maybe Fred Niles and hell, nothing will make him happy if he can't even crack a smile at a rainbow.

I remember the first ever pride parade I went to in Perth, Western Australia. I had only been out a year or so and I cried at the sight of thousands of people being proud of who they were and celebrating. I still remember the euphoria I felt....and I still remember the flag. I associate it with pride, joy, freedom, community and celebration. When I was living in San Francisco I would sigh with happiness everytime I saw the massive flag that hung over the Castro, it was a reminder to me that I wasn't alone.

Fly your flag mates....may a rainbow always be a sign that you aren't alone too.

Xxm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Pride, girls.

KCmustang said...

great post! no other flag is universal and universally loved by the gay world! thanks for sharing so much of you and the connection.

happy pride!