Thursday, June 25, 2009

The process....


We are playing and presenting at the Charlie Creek Arts Festival this weekend in Wabash, Indiana. Sitting here, escaping the heat outside, getting ready for it. Making sure we have enough pieces, making sure we have the 'right' pieces, thinking about set lists and tents and banners and business cards. It's an interesting thing running two businesses in one these days. Part of me thought two heads on the one business would make 1/2 as much work...instead what we have done is create two businesses and doubled our work load...!! It's a lot of work, a lot of sweat, a lot of learning curves and a lot of creative outpouring. It's the only way I know how to live my life though...creating it as I see it and want it each and every day.

I did an interview last week in Columbus, Ohio and the woman interviewing me asked me how I kept it up, how I kept working in such a tough industry and without even thinking about it I told her that I knew every morning when I woke up that THIS was what I wanted to do with my life...and THAT knowledge is what kept me going. Knowing that every morning when I wake up, I am responsible for creating my world...creating my work...creating my art...and that I can change it at ANY moment if it isn't working for me. And that makes me happy in the world, in my heart and in my soul.

Speaking of work....

Back to it!!

xxM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Said!

Jay