Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Todays


Todays
Originally uploaded by martine.locke

Body of water....

We are out hiking along the railway path in buckfield, Maine. Its a still evening and the weather is 'just right'. D has her camera out and we are being aware of the wild life as we walk. Even more now that D said outloud 'wouldn't it be a bugger if we were right on the verge of this amazing life we are creating together and we get eaten by a bear'. Hmm....
Not sure about the bears but the mosquitos are sure as hell going to eat us.

I have been watching and reading about the asassination of Dr George Tiller. I have say in disbelief and listened to the quotes and read the letters of support that have come from Christian based organizations, talk show hosts and other anti abortion groups praising the man who killed him. Calling him a martyr and a hero for god and all the unborn children he supposedly saved. I feel myself shake with anger towards these people. My stomach grip with frustration.

How is this act of terrorism any different to the terrorism that caused 9/11. The extremism that caused all those deaths is the same extremism that caused Dr Tillers death and somehow justified by the same Christians that condemned the former. Its astounding to me how they can twist and call on the bible as they choose. Out of context, often completely untrue and just plain despicable.

I want to scream at the top of my lungs, with every part of my being and every breath I have.....shame on you.....shame on you.

M

2 comments:

KCmustang said...

i totally agree. pro lifer cease life so bizarre.

btw ...i think you should go ahead and scream...outloud...scare the bears and maybe the mosquito's too

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. That's why I'm glad J and I belong to a more progressive Christian church where actual thought is encouraged!
Marcia