Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ms Julia...



A little known fact about me is that I LOVE to cook. One of my favourite things in the world to do is to invite a group of good friends around and cook an amazing multi course dinner. I love the experience of giving to my friends in that way and creating something that makes you exclaim 'yum'! I haven't had a kitchen to cook in for a few years because of my travels and when D and I are looking at houses the first room I check out is the kitchen....it has to 'feel' right. I have to be able to see our friends standing in the kitchen with us, glass of wine in hand and laughter filling the room. I have to be able to see myself cooking in there and where I would put things and how easy it is to get to things when I am cooking. I have to be able to see our friends sitting around the dining room table having a spirited discussion about politics, or religion or life. It's really important to me to see and to feel those things when I am standing in our potential new home.

And I cannot wait.

I cannot wait to have a home with the woman that I adore. To create a home together filled with art and creativity, food, wine and photos and music. A home that reflects us individually and together.

March 27th we are getting hitched....or whatever we are calling it....in front of our nearest and dearest friends in CA. Two of our best mates, Adrienne & Justine, are preparing the food for us - they are the most wonderful chefs and I aspire to be like them, so the fact that they are making the food for us is indeed completely special to us.

I can see the day clearly in my mind. I can taste the amazing food and the amazing wine and I can see the faces and the eyes of the people who will be standing there with us, celebrating our relationship and upholding our commitment to one another. (Still working on a date for the Oz celebration - that one will be smaller with family and a few best mates but hopefully something equally as special).

So, what does this video have to do with anything I have just written? Well, it started out because we went and saw Julia & Julie last night, the movie about Julia Child (somewhat about her). Julia Child is touted as being the woman who taught America how to cook. I was looking at some of the videos on youtube of her show The French Chef and somewhere in all of that I started thinking about our home and our day and the things that are important to me and to us..and well, here I am.

If you have ever wondered how to make the perfect omelet, look no further than here.

xxM

1 comment:

Dionne Ward said...

I can't wait for you to have that kitchen, to have our home.

Ummmm...it's March 27th, my love

;-)