Friday, October 30, 2009

The things we do for love....


The things we do for love....
Originally uploaded by martine.locke

I hopped in the van and was just about to take a photo of the amazing display of little leaves on our windscreen when Dionne accidently hit the wipers and schmushed them all off. In what my heart can only describe as a beautiful, romantic expression of love, she jumped out of the car, into the rain, and tried to get the leaves all back in their display. I laughed with tears in my eyes and she raced around the car with a happy grin on her face creating her art.

Have I said lately how lucky I am? Have I said lately how grateful I am? Do you know that this is the person that sweeps me off my feet with the way that she loves me, with the way that she teaches me and learns with me, with the way that she goes through this journey with me.

I am so damn thankful to the universe that I want to stand on a mountain top and tell the whole world...

so here I am.

At least telling people (most of whom actually don't need to really hear it AGAIN), in my world, shouting from my mountain top.

I held my belly as I laughed and realized that THIS was the photo I wanted. The most spontaneous, beautiful, romantic expression of love.

Sigh.....

Xxm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How could we get tired of hearing about a love that's so real and honest?

Julie said...

Whoever could tire of that? It fills my heart and makes me smile throughout my body, truly. We all deserve that kind of love and I, for one, love knowing when others have found it!

Dionne Ward said...

...and I'd do it again. A million times. xoxo