Sunday, January 10, 2010

Me mum.....


This is, of course, my mumma. For anyone who has read this blog before you have seen her before.

I love my mum a lot.

She drives me crazy sometimes but I miss her when I am away and still cry when I think about her not being on the earth anymore. The same way I cried about it when I was 12 or 13.

I think most of us have such up and down relationships with out parents. I didn't have a relationship with my dad for the last 15 years or so of his life because he wasn't a nice man at all and I just decided that I didn't want him near me. I cried when he died but it was more because my little brother cried when he told me he had died and I didn't like to hear my little brother cry.

I am so grateful for the way my relationship with my mum has grown as we have both gotten older. I realized a number of years ago the best thing I could do was to just let her be, to not try to change her but to celebrate her just the way she is...with all of her quirks, none of which I have inherited of course.

I think if I can move through this life with her sense of humor and her ability to still smile widely and truthfully, even after all that she has gone through, then I have indeed lived a successful life.

xxM

3 comments:

Dionne Ward said...

Very sweet, baby.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo.

Girl on a road said...

yes, of course...you and me? we are 100% quirk free!

ha!

miss you!