Wednesday, November 21, 2007

On the way.....

To Los Angeles to spend thanksgiving with mates. I love coming through the Altamont Pass, about an hour outside of San Francisco. I love seeing the windmills in action, for some reason they have always made me happy. Sitting on top of a fault line, doing their thing.

I always have mixed feelings about thanksgiving. I love any excuse to get together with good friends to eat good food and drink good wine, and I love to take moments to be thankful (esp this month) but this holiday also holds a lot of sadness. Not just for those that lost their lives and their cultures centuries ago, but for those who have no where to go, who feel like they should have somewhere to go. The pressure to have loved ones to share with is just too much sometimes.

Anyway, for those of you reading from Oz, this probably makes no sense to you. But to those of you here in the US, I wish you a happy day, whatever you do.

Xxm

No comments: