Monday, July 12, 2010

oh my...

It's been almost a week since my last blog post....so "unlike" me. It's good. But, it's weird. Once upon a time I use to post sometimes a few times a day. It's not like I don't have anything to say these days, because believe me, I do.....I am constantly thinking up weird shit in a *pondering* kinda way or in a *wonder if anyone else feels that* kinda way and oftentimes I think about posting it out to the world.

But then, I just get distracted.

It seems life is crazy full of amazing distractions these days and most times I am merrily humming along to myself (in a Winnie The Pooh kinda way) and then just change course for a minute and wonder what I was going to do in the first place. It's extremely nice to be distracted in such a happy and mind blowingly fulfilling kinda way.

Right now....my life is filled with this.

Ripping the crap out of our second bathroom to make it how we see it....

This is it after we ripped out the tiles, the surround, the bath, the vanity and the wainscoting. (I will show a final picture once we are done). If you look back you will see our kitchen finale picture...that was pretty impressive, if I must say so myself.



Then of course, there is this.....

Playing tennis. Keeps me very distracted.

We have started the Midwest Tennis, Sushi and Sake event that happens once a week....sometimes more. Our mate Jamie plays with an ever revolving bevy of partners that either can't keep up with us or seem to just not come back. I think because Jamie keeps losing (ha ha, had to get that in there) she secretly disposes of them.

This is Jamie with Megan, a very very...most incredibly...famous sand retardist. She is really quite an amazing sand retardist I have heard....and come to think of it, I haven't seen her since this day.

Hmmm....

Ohhhhhh...and sometimes, there are things like this that distract me..:

Isn't she/he amazing? We ran into the beauty at the Irvington Farmer's market on the weekend, which is our local farmers market. They had all these awesome animals to show....even a skunk, which I was rather distracted by in a 'where does it's smell go' kinda way.

And a ferret...which I have never understood in my whole life. Why would you have a ferret for a pet?

So......many things take my mind away into many directions and I LOVE it. Life is crazy happy and full of music and art and creativity and hanging with friends and building community and working hard and aching bodies and days where it's nice to just sit and BE.

I feel so blessed by this life that I get to live. That I get to choose everyday. It's the life of my dream and I know that there will be days when I am sore from playing music and jumping around a stage, which I adore, and then there will be days when I am sore from playing tennis or renovating the darn bathroom.....and then there will be days where I just get to breath and pick up my guitar and play a sweet tune for no one else but myself.

I am in love with this life. Whoever I need to send a thank you note to, please let me know...I will make a really pretty one.

xxM

2 comments:

Jamie Price said...

Hey now! I (we) have won a game or two chica! In the words of Megan...'why I oughta!'
But, you know, I give props when props are due...you two have it going on on the court. And you know, I don't mind losing...I'm glad you have something you can beat me at. (ha...had to get *that* in there!)

So ready for our match tomorrow, I tell you what!

Nothing but love...
xo!
~j

Dionne Ward said...

Nice post, babycakes. ;-) My word verification is "turtr"...very funny, as it's very close to "turtle." Weird, eh? xoxoxo infinity...