Monday, July 5, 2010

...home















 So, I know this is a blurry photo and I am a little annoyed at myself that it's the only one I actually took but it just goes to show I was 'into' my night more than I was into documenting it.

We celebrated our home over the weekend with a group of fine people who came to warm it and bring love, light and music into it. We sang, we drummed, we drank, we ate, we (well, Rachel) did lap dances. We caught up with old friends and bathed in the joy of our new friends and took a moment to stop and be proud of what we have created here. The beauty that we have surrounded ourselves with, both in our home and the amazing souls we are fortunate enough to call friends, is a blessing I can't put words to.

I feel truly honored that we have found our tribe here in Indianapolis. That we have found it and they have found us and as I sat with my old friends and my new friends, I felt blessed and lucky and honored....and home.

Tis a good feeling.

Thank you beautius ones....

xxM

3 comments:

Dionne Ward said...

Good times in the wonderfully amazing home we have created...

Jamie Price said...

It was such a great night...loved helping you celebrate your new home, which was shining as brightly as you two were!

And I'm glad we managed to not scare off *all* your friends. :-)

Love you both so!

Julie said...

This is so lovely...made me cry just a bit...in a very good way! I'm always so touched by this kind of moment and am truly happy for you both to have found all this wonderment, joy and love together in your home with these people who are your friends. What better thing to know than the heart-filled bliss of love, home and friends...marvelous and beautiful. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this tonight...it was exactly perfect! :) Blessings and peace...