Tuesday, June 29, 2010

perfection worth waiting for....




















'..they found it..and then, they waited..'

I think it's true that the things you really want are actually worth waiting for. Now, coming from a middle child Capricorn, that is a BIG....no, HUGE thing to say. We....well, me....is/are notoriously impatient. We/I want it...and want it now, kinda deal.

But I have so learned over the last few years that the things you really want...sometimes without knowing it at the time.....really are worth waiting for.

Whether that be the love of your life, a dream, a good meal, a piece of art, tile, an idea or.....

a knob..

I know you are probably thinking, WTF Locke...you have like, totally lost it...and all. Whatever. (haha....oh valley talk is so, like, um....80's).

But it's true...........

We found this knob. We knew we wanted it. That it was like a piece of art to me and my sweet love and absolute perfection in our eyes for what we were dreaming of.

But there was one thing.....we had to wait to get it.

Like, weeks......!!!!! 

Just like we had to wait for our tile.

Just like we have to wait for the beautiful material that will become our bedroom curtains.

Just like we had to wait for each other....until the timing was perfect.

Life has a strange way of doing that I think. Making us wait.

I believe, with all my heart, that if you are clear..and open...and willing to wait but then also willing to jump when you know in your gut the time is right....that life will deliver to you EXACTLY what you ask of it.

And our knob, is the perfect example of that.

It's worth waiting for.

Now wait.....

xxM

1 comment:

Dionne Ward said...

You were well worth the wait and all the shit I went through to be ready for you...and I thank my lucky stars.