Tuesday, June 1, 2010

a stage and it's story....














I think every stage has a story to tell. Oftentimes I need to stand on one for a long time while I sound check and sometimes that time is spent just waiting....so, it gives me time to look around and have a think.

I often think it's quite beautiful actually.

There's something about a stage being marked out that inspires me, excites me, makes me realize I am not alone. And of course, it's just pretty.

This was the stage at Virginia Women's Music Festival on the weekend and as you can probably tell, it was pretty organized. A great crew of women took great care of us. You know it's good when hours before performance someone asks you if you need 'room temperature water' and 'towels'. Seriously, these things make a difference to a show. Especially an outdoor one in the middle of a hot day.

Such a good crew of people out there and I always feel so in awe of the work they all do....and feel so honoured by the chance to be looked after by them.

So thank you, it would have been shitty without you.

xxM

ps....the Lilith competition is still an unknown right now. We moved from #1 to #2 to #1 to #3 all within 12 hours. Still means we have a shot at being in the running for a performance and we are visualizing like mad.....see us performing there!!! Please, it will help!!

1 comment:

KCmustang said...

well done. very thoughtful writing