Monday, June 14, 2010

The view from here..

This was my view this morning out the back of our friends Suz and Kel's house. If this was a fully interactive blog you would be able to hear the bazillion frogs in this lake. It's a very bizarre sound but one I always associate with a relaxing space. The first time I stayed with them I was giddy like a child at the noises and would sit out here and laugh every few minutes at a new sound they would make. I love the way nature has the ability to make us feel so many emotions. Well, at least it does me. I sit in awe of it often.

We are still a few hours away from home after a wildly successful weekend in Milwaukee. It was one of those weekends where you work your ass off and feel like what you got back was equal....very rewarding and inspiring.

Now we have a bit of time to relax, play with our mates at home (licking my lips as I think about ginger margaritas) and get creative all over again. I have two new songs in the works, d is trading djembe lessons for drum lessons, my garden is growing so insanely fast that I am certain to pluck something from it this week and we have a whole slew of custom orders to make.

I live in a constant state of gratefulness and wonder.

How is it that I get to live this life?

How is it that I get to sit and listen to frogs?

Xxm

No comments: