Sunday, August 29, 2010

Thankfulness....



















Dionne took this photo last night before our show in Cincinnati. It was my 'pre-performance' nap, or catch up moment. Packing, driving, unpacking, setting up, sound checking, setting up, writing set lists that never get used.....this is the minute I try to take to let it all go and just be. To sit in the energy of the room I am about to play in and put my intentions out to the world.

It was an awesome show.....if I must say so myself. I watch folks in the audience as they moved their bodies to my tunes, as they raised their hands above their heads and clapped, as they laughed and were silly with me, as they wiped tears from their eyes and as they stood to their feet in appreciation at the end of the show.

I am constantly humbled when people turn up. When they pay money at the door and come ready to be a part of something. To listen and to send love towards me and my songs. So humbled.

Thank you Cincinnati....and thank you to Ruth & Marsha for believing enough to put their sweat on the line.

Love this life.....

3 comments:

KCmustang said...

life is all the more better with you in it. thank. YOU. for following your purpose driven dream.

Marcia said...

It was really a great introduction (for me) to your music. Thoroughly enjoyed you and Dionne. It was an awesome night! I got a great slow dance out of it, too! ;-)

Marcia from Willow Morning

Jamie Price said...

Your light shines bright, my friend...feeling blessed to be able to bask in it.