Thursday, August 12, 2010

Warts and All.....

So, I just announced the presale for my next cd.

My next cd will be a live cd.

Did you just hear me gulp loud?

I am not sure really why it makes me nervous, other than the fact that I have one chance to capture a tune that will end up being on thousands of cds in thousands of peoples ears.

Hmm....why would that make me nervous, right?

It's a thrilling experience in actuality. The chance to capture a moment and to capture the energy of a group of people who are all excited to be there. That's one of the reasons why I wanted to record the cd here in Indianapolis. Every time I have done this show it's been filled with people who are excited to be there. Who are excited to sing with their whole hearts (and voices) and are attentive and beautiful and an absolute thrill to play music for.

And I don't want to let them down.

And I want it to be good.

So...between now and then I will work on my nervousness and instead allow my excitement to lead the way.

Until then, I have set up a cd presale event to raise funds, in advance, to make this cd happen. Check it out here: http://www.martinelocke.com/pages/presale.php . Tickets will also go on sale soon and I will let  you know where you can pick them up AND if you have thoughts about what songs you would like to hear on the cd, then please let me know when you put your order in. I wanna know.

Peace mates,

xM

1 comment:

KCmustang said...

you are not only good. you are exceptional. the room is waiting for you to arrive and it is already perfect