Monday, August 3, 2009

See this?


See this?
Originally uploaded by martine.locke

Its the last little piece of wallpaper and its a shit to get off. I curse all people who put wallpaper in their houses, and then painted over it.....twice.

D and I have decided that if we walk into a place that has wallpaper, that we are walking out of it.

I am standing here at the base of the ladder, holding a beer for my girl as she takes the last piece off a huge wall we have been working on the last few hours.....and I get giddy over the thought of doing all of this with her in OUR house. The home that we will create together. For years I have helped other people with their houses; I have painted and sanded and tiled and laid floors and mowed grass and ripped wallpaper off.....and any minute now, I get to do it for myself. For our home.

Yeah fucking ha......and NEVER put wallpaper up and most definitely, NEVER paint over it.

That's what I have learned today....

Xxm

No comments: