Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Workings of It...


I know, very heavy on the pottery images right now. I am not really doing as much of it as it might seem but it seems every time I do it, it really symbolizes something for me in some way. I also really liked this photo that Dionne took of me making my aforementioned cup....I cannot wait to finish it..and I cannot wait to have it in my home...and I cannot wait to drink from it.

I think I could get hooked on this pottery thing.

We are having a few moments over this way of gulping.....one is because I made my tattoo appointment today. I have talked for a long time about getting a sleeve done on my right arm and I believe the time is here. I have two weeks off after the 17th and figured it was a good time to get it done. I am a little scared. More so of the cost of doing it than anything. I always question spending money on something like a tattoo...a 'want' rather than a 'need'. It doesn't quite seem as useful as I would like a purchase to be...other than looking at the pretty of it. It's also the first time I have gotten color put on a tattoo....I am actually excited about that because I think the guy who is doing it does great color/shading work. I just have to sit and get more acquainted with what I am actually having on there...to get myself use to it. I know it will be very sunflower heavy....as they are my favorite flower in all the world and i have talked about a sunflower tattoo for years.

The other gulp is in the house realm. We snuck onto the property of this house today to sneak a peek in the windows. It looks like someone had started to renovate it and then it got too hard. It's old...and big....and needs a lot of cosmetic work...but wow, is it beautiful. Think screened in back porch with a high A frame ceiling with a deck running off it...original 1900 woodwork throughout...including original pocket doors in the main living area, ornate wooden door frames and even two wooden pillars in the entry way. HUGE living area with built in shelves and cabinets and two fireplaces (downstairs) and wood floors throughout. Amazing stair case leading up to the 5 bedrooms upstairs. Stained glass windows and front porch. And all for an amazingly cheap price.

We have no clue of the inner workings of it yet....past a real estate agent telling us that the structure, pipes and electrics were good. It would need time and money from us to bring it back up to par but.....it could be the home we have both dreamt about. Big enough to eventually include a studio, room for friends and loved ones to hang, wood (can you tell I like wood?)and a beautiful refection of who we both are.

We are excited but scared too. What if it takes every cent we ever earn. What if the work required on it puts too much stress on our relationship. What if it area is still a little sketchy. What if there's mold. What if...what if...what if.

And what if we miss out on it....

If we get it now it means that it will have to sit and wait for us until we get back from Australia & our West Coast tours...which would most likely be around the end of March. That's a long time to leave a house sitting...waiting. We could be working on it right now and we have a friend that we would want to start doing some construction work on it while we are away. But we really wouldn't be able to jump fully into until after we get back (and therefore get all our belongings from CA at the same time).

I know and believe that things happen in their time for a reason. I also believe that its up to us to be open to being in the right place for the right thing to happen...and I also believe that sometimes getting the right thing for us, means taking a leap and trusting and believing that it's all going to fall into place. So maybe that's just what I need to do.....again. I have been marveling of late at the fact that I am in Indianapolis, given my experience within it last year. But I have been marveling more on the fact that the universe was possibly setting up for me to be here for a period of time all the way along...but that I had to be willing to wait for the right chain of events to occur to bring me here. I can tell you, I am more than thrilled with the circumstances of me being here and with the person that I am here with, as opposed to what could have been.

So.....given that, do we sit back and wait...do we push forward and pursue...or do we just do what we can, in the time we have and trust and believe that if it's right, it will happen. That we will make it happen. That it will fall into place to enable it to happen for us? That she will be safe while we are gone and under the loving gaze of our friends and family here.


Can you tell I am thinking out loud?

And when it happens, can you see yourself sipping tea on the porch with us?

xxM

No comments: