Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The view from here

Glorious San Francisco. I laid awake this morning and listened to the city as it woke. The garbage trucks, the sea lions heralding the day, the traffic, the tv upstairs, the trolley cars barrelling down the street. And then I took a deep breath and tried to decide how the city smelt to me. I actually love the smell of it right now. Its been raining and the city is clean, the fog is heavy and the air is crisp. It smells fresh, at least for the minute.

I miss this city. Driving back into it each time my heart has a pang, a deep missing moment. Its been my home for the last 7 and a half years and even though I am away from it a lot, my heart would always be happy to see it....whether from the air flying over it or driving across the bridge towards it. There's just something about it.

But now I head towards a new chapter and there's a very high chance that I will be saying goodbye, or see you later, at least. So I want to be really conscious and aware of the things I have adored about the city. To hold it close to my heart and know I can always come back to it.

Xxm

No comments: