Monday, March 16, 2009

The vortex


The vortex
Originally uploaded by martine.locke

I stood in the middle of the vortex at boynton canyon yesterday. Fully aware of the energy swirling around me, pushing on my chest and making my hair feel a little curlier than normal. I built my little shrine, my pile of rocks in a little tower like so many people before me had. I stood up, closed my eyes and put my hands out to the world and let my imagination go.

If we energetically are responsible for the life we create, if our thoughts really do create and draw to us the things that we want, then I didn't want to waste the opportunity. Being in the center of such a powerfully magnetic place, I dreamt of how I wanted my life to look. I imagined the shows, the friends, the love, the money, the creativity, the travel, the growth, the peace, the creativity, the home. The life I want with the sweet love of my life next to me. I imagined looking across towards her when we were very old, tears in our eyes from laughing and remembering the adventures we had up till then. I imagined dying old and peaceful with a smile on my face knowing that I had done absolutely everything I had ever dreamt and more. That I was still passionately in love with the woman who has absolutely captured my heart (and continues to more everyday).

And then I breathed out, thanked the universe and went on my way. Grateful for life and madly in love with it all. A big smile of my face because I truely felt like I had just been let in on the greatest secret of all.

Xxm

2 comments:

KCmustang said...

Beauty. i assume you started with a clean slate on which you built your shrine. nice pile mate! I should have stayed. I must go back. to see. to feel. and to place my dreams in the vortex. thoughts do become things!

see you soon!

PS. you are the secret.

Dionne Ward said...

These are the things I imagine for my life as well. I imagine it all, and watch it come to fruition, with you by my side. You are my one and only, woman of wildest my dreams. xoxo