Monday, July 6, 2009

The day after...


The day after...
Originally uploaded by martine.locke

Yes, the national has finished for another year and we took a late check out and watched movies, ate cold pizza and hung out together before hitting the road.

I know I didn't take a lot of photos this year but I did take a lot of video and have some awesome stuff to put up. I got footage of a number of artists and mates and am going to skip straight to that first.....because I am excited to to see it. Yesterday as we were saying goodbyes Dionne and Lisa Koch worked out they have a talent similar to one another that we captured on video, it had us all laughing hysterically and started a conversation about working together in the future. She is one funny and kind lady....

A number of folks that were also there last year hugged me with glee, the resounding comment mid hug being 'what a difference a year makes'. I soaked up the joy and the delight that people expressed over that and over meeting Dionne and witnessing her love and beauty and talent too. To see her shine does indeed bring me great joy and happiness. I feel like I got to bring her home to meet another part of my family....as so many from the festival have felt for me.
Its a great festival and if you haven't checked it out yet, it really is worth looking into for next year.

Happy Monday mates

Xxm

No comments: