Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What to do when you are feeling uninspired?


What to do when you are feeling uninspired?
Originally uploaded by martine.locke

I have days like this. Days when I am not sure what to do with myself even though I know I have a shit load to do but feel uninspired to do any of it. When I am on a deadline, or feeling more responsible, I can make myself do stuff and generally I get inspired mid stream.

But.....not so much today.

Its just one of 'those' days.

My plan was to take a ride in the hopes that it would inspire me. 5 miles in, the sky opened up and dropped its belly on us and we laughed hard as we rode through the rain. Wet through and momentarily cold racing the weather and just realizing part way through that it was pointless. We just got wet.

Sometimes just laughing hard can cause the flip to switch. At least for me.

And now here I stand, in the middle of Hobby Lobby.....with the pieces for the next creative project in my hands (look for funky cuffs at the next MuseKraft outing). Coz you know, nothing inspires creativity quite like a trip to Hobby Lobby.

Xxm

1 comment:

Dionne Ward said...

That photo doesn't really convey just how soaked we were...drip, drip...