Sunday, July 26, 2009

The giant peach....


The giant peach....
Originally uploaded by martine.locke

Here we are, somewhere in 'ihavenoidea' indiana....the amish farm country. Its a kinda strange, quaint area of the world and every now and then I wonder about locking the doors....or not holding Dionnes hand when we get out of the car. Mostly though, I look around in amazement, absorbing as much about the land and the people who live on it and work it, as I can. Its amazing the places Dashville gets to see. (speaking of that, you wait till you see the construction area we have to put up as soon as I get some glue - don't want pieces of rubble flying everywhere.)

We have two weeks off the road. Songs to write, pieces to make, bikes to ride, friends to hang out with, an anniversary to plan and houses to look at and wonder about. Joy.

Gotta go get me a peach.....a giant one at that!

Xxm

2 comments:

Dionne Ward said...

Hold my hand anyway. That's the only way they will ever learn...

Sandy said...

Martine,
The Big Peach is just a bit north of Vincennes, my hometown.