Monday, February 15, 2010

The Duty of The Aunt

 
This is me, my niece Skyla and nephew Ethan. We had a 'Bindi' birthday party on the weekend to celebrate their 6th and 3rd birthdays respectively. Skyla does an amazing Bindi Irwin impersonation. 
This morning, I am off to do Aunty duty and take Skyla to school and go watch Ethan do gymnastics....yay for Aunty duty....at 7am. The musician in me is screaming 'who gets up at this time?'...just seems so wrong. lol. 

We have one more week here in Australia. My heart feels sad to leave my country, my family and summer but then, it's also excited. Excited to be heading back for our wedding, to move into our house (at last) and to start creating our home and for some of the great playing opportunities that are starting to come in for the year. 

It's always the dilemma my heart faces....the juggling of missing and excitement.

Off to school then!!

xxM

No comments: