Monday, February 1, 2010

It's how we roll....


Sunday nights house concert with our mates Jemma & Jane. It was a magical night in White Gum Valley...the weather was close to perfect, the moon close to full, the crowd magnificent. It was one of those shows where everyone felt excited to be there, they were ready to hear music...to listen, to laugh, to be involved.

We have another 10 days left here in Perth and three shows...a lot of swimming to do and mates to hang out with. It's been a great time and I wish I could bundle them all up and take them with us. Just makes us committed to coming back more often.

Oh...and I bought a didgeridoo today. It's been years. I started to learn how to play about 15 years ago up in Darwin and stopped because I was told it was disrespectful to the aboriginal people. I have been talking to a number of folks about that and was recently told that there are some tribes where only the women play and that generally, if a women's ceremony is taking place then a woman plays the didgeridoo. So, I bought one and got it shipped home. Hoping oneday I can play it respectfully and spiritually...that day may be a long way away though coz damn it makes me dizzy to play. Gotta get that circular breathing going!

Anyway, this is our life...today.

xxM

No comments: