Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The view from here....

Yes, believe it or not, this is someone's view...from their apartment. I just sat and stared at it, trying to absorb it all and take in the beauty of it. It felt very special to sit there and just look. Watching the cars go back and forth across the bridge, watching the city as it turned to night and all the beautiful lights came on. The friend who lives in the apartment told me that the first night she stayed here she walked in and saw the view and burst into tears...it's that awesome.

Of course, this is Sydney Harbour. Somewhere I would never live but was grateful to have a few moments to soak in the beauty of her. Of course...I might consider living here if this was my view every night!!

We fly home today after 2 1/2 months of being here. My sweetheart got to see my country from the ground up. Living with friends and family, sharing with them, loving them more and becoming part of their world.

And now we say bye for another year (or until they all get their asses over to the US!!). 

Tis always the hard part.....

xxM

No comments: