Sunday, February 24, 2008

The art of unattachment...

I think the universe is giving me strange lessons in learning how to be unattached...whilst remaning conscious and awake. It's an interesting lesson to learn and I am a little tired from it right this second....kind of in a 'okay, okay..I'm getting it' kinda way. It's tough to not feel a little beaten down by it in the process but I know that's all about attitude anyway....

I am sitting in Adelaide airport waiting to get a flight. MY flight to Sydney was cancelled for some unknown bizarre reason. Airports are always stressful at the best of times I think...worries about luggage and weight restrictions and carry on and the price of water, but I am watching people lose their cool as they try to get news about the what, why and how and I am choosing to just breath. Knowing that it will all work out and the airline will find flights and eventually we will all get to where we have to go to. I figure this way I get to stave off any unwanted extra grey hairs and my heart will tick for a few more years because I haven't put any unnecessary stress on it. And anyway...who wants the energy that goes with that kinda stress. Not me.

So...here I sit, choosing to breath...choosing to be calm....choosing to be unattached. Just choosing.

xxM

2 comments:

Tour Wonk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tour Wonk said...

Martine, it's about 90 miles from here...I take it your using a car to meet me half way is a stretch? Let me know...I would love to see you. And by all means, keep choosing to breathe!