Friday, February 8, 2008

Wakin.....


So, my camera is behaving badly so I stole this one from somewhere else...but this is who we opened for last night in Perth. The show was at the Burswood Entertainment Center theatre, which holds around 3000 people, I think. Might be more because there were three tiers of people to look up at. It was Chinese New Years and the artist we opened for, Wakin, is really well known in the asian community. The production of the show was bloody massive!! Supposedly 20k was spent on renting instruments for the show alone. You can't see it in this shot, but there was also a 8-10 piece orchestra and a complete band, they had smoke and bubbles and I am pretty sure at some point there would have been something that went 'BANG' but I didn't stay for that part of the show.
Anyway, it was an experience and I had to stop myself looking at myself on the big screens on either side of the stage...I kept wanting to stick my tongue out. There were also three massive plasma screens on the floor in front of the stage, Wakins teleprompters or something. I asked his crew if that was so we could watch movies while we were playing.....I am not sure if they understood me that well but they did laugh. And the cameras...let me just say, at one point, the ENTIRE second row had their cameras out and were about to take a photo all at once. It actually scared me...I think I closed my eyes for the shot. Oh dear.
The highlight for me was being able to plug into a concert level sound system, I miss those kinds of shows. The first strum of my guitar was absolutely perfect....
So....the rain has stopped, I am with my good mates Jemma & Jane, and trying not to be like an excited puppy dog that wants to wake them up for breakfast. I can just see myself jumping on their bed with my tongue hanging out going....'eat...gotta eat'. Would go down really well. I get to sit on the beach today....perfect, well....almost. I could think of at least one other thing that would make it absolutely perfect...
xxM

1 comment:

KCmustang said...

Lights, Camera, Action ... are you ready for your close up??? What an amazing experience!
Great post.

Peace