Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Garage



My last show in Sydney was at a place called the Northwood Garage. I figured it was some funky name for a theater or something and Alex and I arrived there and immediately laughed outloud...it was ACTUALLY a garage..complete with a car hanging out the edge of the roller door. Inside was a funky little artists community with couches and painted walls...which was great once you got over the shock of the 'actual garage' part!!

It was nice to see a few old faces there, folks from the days when the velvet janes would tour through town. Thanks for coming back you guys..and girls...and spanky (haha..just giving you shit mate).

I am in Perth now, got in yesterday and it started to RAIN. Damn, what is it with me and rain. Left SF after two weeks of horrid rain and most of the time I was in Sydney it rained so hard you could barely do anything and now Perth? All I want is a little sun....is that TOO much to ask for in the middle of summer in Australia? Mind you, it's still warm enough for me to go swimmin in the ocean, which is what I really want..so i will quit my complaining.

VJ shows start tomorrow night and we are full on into rehearsals and press interviews today. Yay for us...

xxM

1 comment:

Tour Wonk said...

can't wait to hear about it... (hint hint)