Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mother Mary...


I was sitting in a bar in Adelaide, having a glass of wine, writing in my journal and I was in the middle of some sad melancholy kinda writing...not being sure of myself or my situation or my future...you know those moments, right?

Well, there I was, sipping on my glass of Aussie chardonnay, my heart beating fast and hard in my chest...and I looked up and in between the bottles of wine sat Ms Mary in all her glory, just sitting there...doing her thing, not bothering anyone...being all peaceful and pretty and stuff.

Now, I'm not catholic and I actually have, in the past, had very little connection with her or her image, but she is featured on the front cover of my cd (because my good mate Kate Wolf gave me some of her photos for the cd and she has a really poignant side profile shot of Ms Mary) and for some strange reason, I found comfort in seeing her sitting there. Like there was some magical connection between everything that happens in the world...even if it's miles and miles apart.

I think about the 'hand of providence' often and wonder to myself if everything really does happen for a reason, or are events just a series of coincedences? Sometimes if I lean towards the idea that things really do happen for a reason, it makes me feel a little stronger in myself. That if I continue to show up, speak my truth, live passionately and openly with respect to the world, then somehow I will make it through...not at all unscathed, probably ever so slightly broken, but with amazing experiences to speak of.

I don't profess to know really, sometimes I am just making shit up because it makes me feel better, but these are the thoughts that pass through my head on a rainy night in my old home town.

xxM

No comments: