Friday, February 1, 2008

Prayer to the gods of all things suitcase...

Dear Suitcase Gods.....

Please bring my suitcase and everything that is in it, back to me. It's going on three days now and my friends are starting to notice the smell.

I am trying to be unattached to my belongings but as I think on it more I realize that my favourite pair of fluevog shoes are in there...my webcam, my camera, my minidisc recorder with hundreds of song ideas is in there (I know, I know..they tell you not to pack electronics into your suitcase...I promise to listen to that in future). My favourite tripler pedal is in there, along with my guitar tuner, capos, strings, picks and pedals (I sounded like crap last night all out of tune and everything). My absolute favourite shirts are in there..and anyone who has seen my favourite shirts KNOWs that they are good shirts to have as favourites.

My clean undies and bras are in there. And socks...not that I can wear socks here at the moment because it's too hot, but still, my socks are in there.

AND my workout clothes are in there and I haven't been able to exercise and my muscles are fading away to nothing...please, for the love of my muscles, bring it back to me.

My cell phone charger is in there....and no one knows how to find me. Please, have mercy.

Please suitcase gods, have pity on me....my 4 year old niece and 10 month nephews presents are in there. My niece will be devastated not to have the latest Polypocket and Dora Explorer toys. My nephew DESPERATELY needs those outfits...he has NO clothes.

And lets not mention my favourite necklaces and leather arm bands I had made for me....they too are in there and my heart aches to see them again. Along with my toiletries and make up...my body needs these things...please have pity on those around me.

And then of course, my British Citizenship documents are in there. My mum will be heartbroken to not be able to see them and gaze upon their glory and witness the fruit of her loins proudly displaying them.

My board shorts....my crocs....my sunscreen....please suitcase gods, I am in Australia in the middle of summer and have only one pair of jeans...surely I am being punished for something and I beg your forgiveness. I will NEVER do IT again...whatever it is. Please bring my suitcase back to me.

I beseech thee, oh suitcase gods of the world, somewhere between San Francisco, Los Angeles, Nadi (fiji) and Sydney...lies a black upright hard case samsonite suitcase with a bright orange luggage strap around it. It misses it's owner and is desperately missed by it's owner. Please now allow it to come home, please return it and it's gutse safely to me...it is loved and cherished and I promise to take better care of it and get it some body work and annoint it with oils when it returns.

Please return it....

Love....Martine

2 comments:

Tour Wonk said...

I will go sacrifice another chicken...

Connie said...

after that how could any god deny you your prayer.

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze send the case home