Tuesday, September 30, 2008

And so..

It begins.....

Walked to kinkos today to load up on paper ideas for the new poetry book. For the longest time I have been trying to workshop whether to make them myself or get them printed out there somewhere. So, now I have been playing with it for a while and getting excited by it, I have decided to make them myself....you know, gotta keep that indie thing going (of course, by that I mean independent....lol....that could have so many meanings).

So here I sit, playing with colors and fonts and paper and throwing around graphic ideas. I am hoping the first run of these will be ready for my shows next week. People are always surprised to hear me say I am scared or nervous of creative ventures....but I am, both of those things. I keep pushing into it coz I know its the right thing for me to do. Even if its just for me.....and my mum. Although, some of these poems have too many 'fuck you's' in it for my mum, perhaps.

Oh speaking of which, did I tell you that my mums boyfriend asked her to marry him? Kinda cool no? 77 and still being open to love.

I will have great news to share with you soon in that general direction. You know, the being open to, direction.

Back to the fonts

Xxm

6 comments:

megster said...

hmmm can't wait for that..the poetry and the news..all fun

megster said...

congratulations to your mum and her bloke..soo sweet

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...U-Haul...back to Oz...with a significant other? That would be good news!

Anonymous said...

are you running for president?

i would vote for you, you know....

ang

Anonymous said...

ooo, ooo, tell me!!! I wanna know the news. ;-)

Connie said...

so we wait........