Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The answer is in the sky...

Kc accidentally took this photo on Monday and passed it along. Its amazing sometimes the things that happen by accident, when we least expect it. Things that can bring beauty and happiness and a sense of 'wow' to our worlds. I feel blessed by those moments. They are the times when I realize that things change and grow and that whatever greater power there is out there, definitely has a sense of humor and a sense of 'here, look at this and say 'wow' for a minute'. And shame on us if we don't stop and look for a minute and say 'wow'.

I am sitting at starbucks midway through my bike ride.....grateful for the beautiful love the universe has brought to my world. Not only through my sweet love, but through my friends, the amazing people I get to work with, laugh with and take this journey with. I sat on facebook last night and simultaneously chatted to my friend Jemma, who was in my home town Adelaide; my friend Jacqui from the band bluehouse, who was in Melbourne celebrating her birthday; the aforementioned KC, who was around the corner from me; my mate Annemarie out there in Crystal Lake, as we talked packrat (a highly addictive game on facebook) and plans for 2009 (am is helping me sort out how to utilize the offers of help I get from folks around the country) and then my lovely sweetheart, who I pine for and have only 8 more sleeps till I gaze upon again, who was in LA.

At one point I laughed at how technology has made the world so much smaller and more accessible, but in the midst of it, I sat back and said 'wow'.....and offered a thank you to the world for the beautiful people in my life. Some of them are there by surprise, people the universe has seemingly randomly placed on a trajectory path with me (or not so randomly).

Anyway, these are my long thoughts this day, sitting at starbucks waiting for the coffee high to hit before I start the trek back. Trying to plan to ride my bike on 53 miles of the prairie trail on Friday....gotta do it before I leave this State.

Xxm

4 comments:

megster said...

a great post martine...makes me smile to hear the peace in your words..and a reminder to take pause more often to soak in the beauty of friends and little miracles around...nice pic..the colour of the sky is amazing..

Anonymous said...

Very nicely written. Always a pleasure to hear/read your thoughts. I'm thankful every day...

KCmustang said...

great post....8 more sleeps... i love that about you two

Girl on a road said...

sooooo....

the symbolism of the intersecting airplane exhaust plumes is not lost.

i LOVE that photo.....especially that it was an accident.

it's like a sweet onion with so many layers of meaning and inspiration.

off to lunch with my small friends. (Brody is excited to see you tomorrow..."the one who has red hair like me!")

am