Friday, September 12, 2008

The Little Dude....



OMG....this is my nephew, Ethan. He is just way too adorable and I miss him way too much right now. I think he is secretly my child though..coz both his mum and dad have brown eyes. He looks too much like me to really be theirs (sure they will be impressed to read that...hi Anthony!!!). Although I am noticing that one of my other nephews, Spencer, also looks way too much like me...curly hair and all.

Anyway, one of the challenges of this life of mine is balancing the missing. You know, only seeing my family once a year, trying to keep up to date with them and in touch with them as much as possible. Infact, I am sitting here having an online chat with my sister, Alison, right now....well....it's about 2am in the morning over there and we have been chatting on and off for the past 3 hours while she entertains herself with some game and I attempt to get some work done. Thank god for things like webcam and chat though. How did we ever cope before?

So, it seems I am doing some quick show out somewhere in Crystal Lake tonight...somewhere out there...I know, helpful aren't I? It's last minute and in between a bbq and margaritas...so, I can't guarantee anything....that includes the actual address and playing time of where I will be. Hmm.

Aside from being excited by a bbq, margaritas and bike riding tomorrow (coz it's raining here today and no prairie trail or anything is going to happen), I am also going to a salt spa on Sunday with my friends Annemarie and Becky....supposedly, one hour in the salt spa is like three days at the beach...so I expect to come out all tanned and stuff.

That's what they mean, right?

Or maybe I will just come out all pure and purged and stuff....or maybe, I will come out all crusty from the salt and have sand in my bits. Or MAYBE, my hair will have those really good curls it gets when I go swimming in the ocean. Or maybe, I will get scared of sharks. Or maybe.....well, there's a lot of maybe's. I will send photos no doubt....I know, you can barely wait, right?

I think I am in a little bit of a sassy mood this afternoon here in rainy Brookfield. Hmm...look out.

Oh...and only 6 more sleeps.

xxM

PS - I think we should do Saturday Around The World tomorrow!!! What say you??? Email me photos of what you are doing, with a caption telling me where etc and I will put it up on the blog!! I have had a great, great, great response to this...people love seeing what other people are doing (she says watching her neighbours)....so, send me a photo to info@martinelocke.com by Sunday afternoon (my time) at the latest!!!! Woohooo....I have missed SATW

1 comment:

megster said...

that was a very chipper post..i am intrigued to hear about the salt bath...wondering what kind of salt?? Ethan is very cute and does take after his Aunt..look out Mum and Dad if he has his Aunts spicy nature too..SATW bring it on