Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Tale of The Gigantic Sunflower....

So....I was going to do a blog post today showing off the GIGANTIC sunflower plant in the backyard here in Brookfield, IL. It's probably 6-8 feet high it seems and i feel like its out of some bad horror movie. BUT...the reason why the photo isn't here IS BECAUSE IT'S BEEN RAINING ALL DAY. I kid you not. I can't believe it. I was so excited to get up this morning and go for a ride and at 5am when I woke up thinking I was dreaming about plastic bags rustling together and looked out my window...rain. Heavy rain. And it hasn't stopped.

I am feeling like a bit of a wuss today and didn't want to run out in the rain for the photo. I know, so much for going to any extent for creativity. Ahha....

Anyway, back here in good old Brookfield, getting ready to head out to Indianapolis tomorrow to perform at the Big Tado on Saturday and then I am heading down to my mates in Evansville on Sunday for a house concert too. The weekend will be a fun time to catch up with mates, musical and non, drink beer, shoot the shit, play some good music and hopefully the rain will stay here in Chicago.

I head back to CA in two weeks...can you tell I am hooked?

Photos tomorrow - I promise!!!

xxM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhhhmmmm ... the rain is the midwest's way of sliding us into autumn sorry to say. it can be cozy weather. have a great indy indy show... i'll be thinking of you. how about getting together soon thereafter?? Hey did I tell you I'm renting the other apartment on my floor. Gonna make it one big apartment. Enough room to host guests properly :P ~Tory

megster said...

that sounds like a great story title, kinda like james and the giant peach..have fun fun fun

Anonymous said...

Wuss!!! I would have been standing outside in the rain if I were there...among other things, of course. I'm hooked too. xoxo