Monday, February 9, 2009

Moon Rise on the I-5


We are driving back from San Francisco and this is the beautius moon that watches us as we drive (as we watch it). Its so crisp and glorious.

A car full of belongings that I haven't seen in about 15 months. I was excited today to look thru some of the things as we were packing them into the car. Photos of my family, artwork, equipment, favorite cookbooks, fav plates and cloth, my sewing machine (I know!! Bet that was a surprise). I was thinking leading up to getting it all, that if I hadn't missed it all in that long then why did I need it at all. But, I felt sentimental as I was looking at it. Knowing that when I left san fran and put my stuff in storage all those months ago, that it was mostly stuff that I decided at that moment that really meant a lot to me. There were 5 boxes of personal things (and the same of CDs and press and recordings and business 'stuff'). Parts of my story are in these things. Old journals, song writing books, photos of me when I was a kid, my family at that age, photos of my mum when she was a kid (I just realized when I typed that, that I have never seen a photo of my father when he was a child). You know, the physical things that tell our story with us.

Strangely, I actually felt relieved, almost like it was okay for me to have five boxes of belongings because of that realization. That I could make room for it in my life and in my world again and work out where it fit. I know, strange. This is my weird brain.

The moon is amazing.....that's all I really know for sure right this second.

Xxm

1 comment:

KCmustang said...

oh great post. I have a garage of stuff i must get to as well.

The moon is amazing. look forward to seeing it tonight. hmmm i like that i look forward to seeing the moon.