Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Ma.....



I love her...and I miss her.

She sometimes comes and does fun things with me. If she lived closer to me, she would do more fun things with me. Infact, she would probably come on the road with me. When I play in Australia she comes and be's my door bitch or my merch bitch...and she actually asks me 'if she can be the bitch'. She makes me laugh. Sometime she doesn't listen to me so much when we talk on the phone because the echo confuses her and she just keeps talking so I have to ask her to stop talking. She loves dog shows and dogs. More than people, I think. She has a new boyfriend, John, who seems like a nice man and is a good friend to her too. She lost the man she fell crazy in love with, Colin, to a brain tumor about 5 years ago now. It was horrible to witness her going through that. It was horrible because the US immigration department lost my visa paperwork and I couldn't leave the country until they found it. So I had to listen to her cry on the phone...and it tore my heart apart. I ended up leaving without my paperwork, Colin died before I got there and I didn't get my paperwork for another 4 months....the whole time I couldn't leave Australia. Which wasn't so bad.

My mum loves the woman who makes me happy...she doesn't know her yet, but she just knows she makes me happy..and that's all she cares about. She bought a book when she first moved to Australia because she had heard the word 'gay' and wanted to know what it mean't. That was in 1963...and she has had mostly gay friends ever since.

My mum always ends our phone calls telling me that she prays for me everyday and hopes that something 'good' will happen soon. No matter how many times I tell her something good happens every single day...she still tells me.

And I don't mind so much.

This post is really just to say, I love my mum. She loves me. I miss her. She misses me.

She is amazing...and should be celebrated just because she has great stories and a great smile.

Love you ma....

5 comments:

Girl on a road said...

my radically deep observation...

what is it with you and pictures of people with crab legs?

i love your Mum, too....because she birthed you. i hope i get to meet her one day!

am

Anonymous said...

I love your ma too, because she loves dogs, you, makes me laugh and lets me into your shows for free!

KCmustang said...

I love Muriel! This is such a great post, in honor of such a wonderful great woman. She should be celebrated for giving us you... so is 2-12 forever Muriel day??? or Martine's Mum day....

I can't wait till you finish your book.

Dionne Ward said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dionne Ward said...

Beautiful post, babe. It made me teary-eyed when I read it. I can't wait to meet the woman who brought you into this world.