Sunday, February 1, 2009

The view from here


The view from here
Originally uploaded by martine.locke

I went hiking again today with a big ole fun, gay hiking group (imagine me, d, two other women and 50 gay boys = FUN!!). This time it was up behind the 'woo' of the Hollywood sign. Who knew you could even do that. It was kinda cool to stand behind it and look out across LA on this warm day.....under the watchful eye of thousands of security cameras. And of course, the achievement of actually climbing up there was great! My body is going to love me....well, it already does, in an achy muscle kinda way.

I haven't played a show in almost 2 months. I can't wait for the next one, which is in a few weeks. This time of year is always quiet for me and I have been keeping myself busy with other creative endeavors. And a lot has happened in those two months, so I am trying to be gentle with myself, but damn its tough sometimes. I get all crabby at myself and think I 'should' be doing more.

'Shoulds' annoy the shit out of me sometimes.

Xxm

No comments: