Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Lovely....



This made me cry and inspired me to want to live EVEN more creatively than I do.

To be exposed to the world and open to the journey of creativity..just to see where it leads.

In the last week of 2008 I have been reflecting a lot on the past year. Thinking about my goals and dreams for 2009 but also thinking on the things I am grateful to leave behind in it, on the things that I am thank-filled for and the hard hard lessons I have learn't this year. The friends I have made, the new love I have, the quest for wholeness and honesty and only what brings good into my life and the lives of others. I have been inspired, and touched and reached out to and soothed and loved on by new and old, very dear, friends. I have said goodbye to some things and some people and good riddance to others. I have said hello to many wonderful wonderful wonderful souls and experiences. And I have said 'NO FUCKING WAY'...many times...in good and bad ways.

I have traveled and played music and hung out with mates. Stayed in peoples houses,become a part of their world for a moment and sometimes longer than a moment. I have had my heart broken and rebuilt again. I have been deceived and found faith in truth and people again. I have written and created and sung and played and drawn and crafted and designed and dreamt. I have lost 27 pounds and recently found some of that again (doah). I have moved twice...to two new cities.

I still have curly hair.

I still love what I do and feel outrageously blessed to do what I do. I released a new cd and started another one. I got to see a few new cities in this country and played some new festivals and in some new peoples homes. I released my first poetry chapbook. I found a whole new level of creativity, that I thought was there...but wasn't sure.

This year, I laughed harder than I ever have but also cried harder.

And because of all of this, I am different. My heart will never be the same.

So, now I leave you with this 7 minutes of lovely inspiration. Did it make you cry too? Did it scare you? (it scared me a little in a 'oh, I could never come up with anything like that' kinda way). Did it excite you and make you just want to DO IT?

Here you go lovely's....and thank you.

xxM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, your heart won't be the same...it will be better. It IS better.

KCmustang said...

A lovely inspiration indeed. Ironically i have my cousin singing "we're here because we're here" in my family video, i thought we made up that song.

Your soul has been continually open. To give beyond reason. To care beyond hope. To love without limit. To reach, stretch, and dream, in spite of your fears. These are your badges of honor. Wear them with a pride as a child of the universe.

Your light has illuminated darkened paths, your words and music have lifted broken spirits, and already your life has changed the destiny of all who have come to know you. You are creative. I am thankful and grateful to call you my friend.

Thank you for all that you have given me in 2008.

Now get going on sending in your lovely for 2009!

Dionne Ward said...

Well said, KC.

M - I fall deeper in love with you every day...for all that you are and for all that you aren't.

megster said...

yes..that was inspirational..in a way that restores some hope in the thingammy thing that glues us all together some way..that invisible but uniting stuff..you know what i mean..hopefully..